Main | Registration | Login | RSS
Africa Live News
» UAE International Fire-fighter Challenge kicks off this April
UAE International Fire-fighter Challenge kicks off this April
Taking place as part of ISNR 2014
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Wednesday, March 5th 2014 [ME NewsWire]
The Ministry of Interior, represented by the General Directorate of Civil Defense in Abu Dhabi, will be organizing the UAE International Fire-fighter Challenge 2014. The challenge will be one of the highlights of the International Exhibition for Security and National Resilience (ISNR Abu Dhabi 2014), which is set to take place on April 1-3, 2014 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC).
This first-of-its-kind event in the Middle East, Europe and Africa, is being organized by the UAE-based fire and rescue management firm,911 Occupational Safety and Fire Fighting Training. It will consist of a series of unique motivational competitions that test firefighters’ basic fitness skills, stamina and innovation, as well as their capacity to exchange know-how with their colleagues.
The competition will bring together the strongest and fastest firefighters and rescue workers from around the world and the region, as they compete in this challenge to win the title and theprizes and cash awards totaling $150,000. It is worth mentioning that the competitions are based on tasks and challenges that are very much part of a firefighter's daily life.
43 participants from the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Jordan, the United States, Canada and Poland will take part in the competitions, in addition to five teams from Canada, Germany and Poland. It is expected that the number of participants in the individual competitions will be 100 participants and the number of participating teams will reach 20 by the end of the registration period.
The Fire Fighter Championship is a series of tournaments & competitions that include four categories: singles, doubles, relays and teams. It consists of six key tasks:
1. Stair climbing, where the competitor climbs a 6-storey tower while carrying a 20 kg high-rise pack of hose.
2. Hose hoisting; the competitor hoists a 20 kg roll of hose from the top of the tower.
3. Forcible entry; the competitor simulates a forcible entry by moving a hydraulic beam with a shot mallet.
4. Running; where the competitor moves as fast as possible shouldering fire hydrants nozzle end for a distance of 43 meters.
5. Hose advancing; the competitor shoulders and drags the nozzle end, advances 23 meters and hits the designated target with the stream of water.
6. Victim rescue; the competitor simulates a victim rescue by dragging an 80 kg Rescue Randy mannequin over a distance of 30 meters.
For more information about:
The Ministry of Interior, please click HERE
Abu Dhabi Police, please click HERE
Follow us and check our Social Media feeds on: YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
The Arabic-language text of this announcement is the official, authoritative version. Translations are provided as an accommodation only, and should be cross-referenced with the Arabic-language text, which is the only version of the text intended to have legal effect.
The UAE Minister of Interior's General Secretariat, Tactical Affairs and Security Media Department
Abu Dhabi Police GHQ - Security Media
Chris Cron +971-(0)-50-987-1317
Views: 66 |
Added by: africa-live
| Rating: 0.0/0|